Custom threaded short shifter for our 986 project and some more goodies.
Fixing the broken roof mechanism
1. Do not try to open or close.
2. Detach actuator bars (red ends).
Note: System should have no tension now, if that is the case, get roof in maintenance position and remove metal cover. Otherwise make sure there is NO tension.
3. Detach transmission arms main bolts
4. Detach and inspect the transmission cables.
5. Inspect the arms and bushings for damage or deformation.
6. Replace transmission cables if broken.
7. Replace arm(s) if bent or deformed.
8. Use an electric drill to align the transmissions using the marks on each side.
9. Attach the arms and attempt to move while inspection is being done by a peer.
Ordering yet a few more miscellaneous items, to make the installation of the Soul Performance exhaust just right…
Fender rolling, exhaust, and axles…
Ben Auto Design 986 BTI is a mix of the OEM 986 and the OEM 996 plenum.
It has the 996’s big intake manifolds size, but with the shape that allows to tuck the big throttle body under a 986/987 OEM cover.
It has improved transitions in the T and uses a 83mm throttle body.
Porsche 986 Boxster SOUL Competition Exhaust Package to help the engine breathe a little better specially with the added cubic inches 😉
Dom Miles from http://Milesworksautomotive.com is very close to bringing a proper widebody for the 986…
As it’s still in development, it’s hard to say exactly but the aim is to keep the kit price at €4000 plus shipping from the UK plus tax. The speedster humps will be an added extra soon after the main kit is ready. The rear boot / trunk works completely as normal.